Articles of Association
2. The Association can cooperate with bodies and organizations both in Greece and abroad that seek similar purposes and by General Assembly resolution becoming member of such Organizations. Also, under the same resolution by General Assembly appointed members of the Association will represent it in these Organizations.
a) Ordinary members can be Greek or European adult citizens who reside permanently in Greece, who are either legal representatives or employees with at least 5 years of experience in the field, of firms (individual or companies) that have the status of GENERAL SALES AGENT of an airline (of passengers or cargo) or firms that offer ground services and supervise airlines. Representatives or airline employees cannot become members of the Association.
b) Associate members can be citizens, adults who reside permanently in Greece and are Directors or senior executives of a national or foreign airline that is established in Greece and represents in the country another airline. These members are present in General Assemblies without having the right to vote and stand as candidates.
2. In the case of representing more than one airline by a natural or legal person, the right of multiple participation in the Association is not granted.
3. Honorary members can be nominated by General Assembly resolution persons without discrimination on grounds of nationality or profession, who have offered significant services in the achievement of the Association’s objectives. Honorary members do not have the right to vote and they do not participate in the General Assemblies of the Association.
a) Participate in General Assemblies and monitor the acts of the Governing Council, b) to decide on any proposal that is submitted in the General Assembly c) elect the administrative bodies and being elected in those positions, d) to exercise every right that is provided for in the legislation for Associations.
Associate members have the right to participate in the Association’s activities, take part in General Assemblies and express their opinion, rising to speak, however they do not have the right to vote and stand in elections in the administrative bodies.
2. The Governing Council of the Association can reasonably decide on a member’s expulsion or removal, after hearing them, as long as a) he has ceased to meet the conditions of membership in the Association, b) acts contrary to the Association’s objectives and obstructs the enforcement of decisions of the Governing Council and General Assembly, c) shows an inappropriate behavior which is in contradiction with the dignity of the Association and its members, d) delays to pay his fees for two consecutive years.
a) The subscription rights, the obligatory monthly fees and the members’ special levies.
b) The income from the Association’s assets
c) The possible subsidies from the Treasury, the Local Authorities or Legal persons.
d) The income from gifts, inheritances, legacies, and other events of the Association as well as the voluntary contributions of the members.
2. Associate members of the Association pay to the Fund the one-off amount of fifteen (15) EUROS as a registration right and as a monthly fee the amount of three (3) EUROS. With a reasonable decision of the Governing Council a member can be exempted from paying the registration right or the annual fee for a specific period.
3. Honorary members have no obligation to provide payment.
4. The above amounts can increase by Governing Council resolution of the Association.
2. Three (3) members of the Governing Council with an equal number of alternate members will come obligatorily from members of the Association that belong to the sector of General Sales Passenger Agent, one (1) of the members of the Association that belong to the sector of General Sales Cargo Agents and one (1) of the members of the Association that belong to the sector of businesses of ground handling services and supervision of airlines. In case that members of the Association that belong to those sectors are less than five (5), the right of member election in the Governing Council according to the above will not be valid and the respective member (or members) of the Governing Council will come from the Association’s members that belong to the industry of General Sales Passengers Agents.
The election of members of the Governing Council, under the above restrictions, will be made by the General Assembly of the Association’s members, according to the below mentioned in the article 14 of the statute. More than one representatives of the same airline cannot participate in the Governing Council.
3. The term of the Governing Council shall be two years, it begins the day of its election and ends the respective date after two years. In case that until the expiry of two-year period the General Assembly has not convened for the election of a new Governing Council, the term of the Governing Council will be extended until the date of convening of the General Assembly and the election of new Governing Council. Within five (5) days from its election the Governing Council shall hold a meeting after when convened by the majority consultant and is set up as a body, electing the President, Vice President, General Secretary and Treasurer. The President of the Governing Council will obligatorily come from members of the Governing Council that belong to the sector of General Sales Passengers Agent, while the Vice President will obligatorily come either from members of the Governing Council that belong to the sector of General Sales Passengers Agents or from members of the Association that belong to the sector of General Sales Cargo Agents.
4. The Governing Council meets regularly every three months in specific day and time, however when necessary it meets exceptionally when convened by the President or requested by three (3) of the consultants, where the issues raised for discussion are reported. Three (3) members of the Governing Council constitute a quorum, including the presence of the President or Vice President and the decisions are taken by an absolute majority of the members present. Over personal issues and person’s elections the voting is secret.
5. Member of the Governing Council that is not present at three regular consecutive meetings or in total five meetings without excuse, is deposed and is substituted by the first alternate as long as he is invited in written, he does not provide explanations .
6. In that case, as well as in any other case of resignation or obstacle by a member of the Governing Council, the successor of him is elected by the alternate members of the respective sector and in case that there are not alternate members that come from members of the Association that belong to the sector of General Sales Passengers Agents.
Keeps the following books:
a) Members register, b) Minutes of Governing Council meetings, c) Minutes of General Assemblies, d) Revenue and Expenditure Accounts, e) Protocol of incoming, outgoing documents.
2. Members of the Governing Council and the Selection Committee
2. General Meetings may be ordinary or extraordinary. Ordinary Meetings shall be convened by the Board each year until the end of April and decide on reporting and budget, while every two years board members are elected. Extraordinary meetings are held whenever the board considers it necessary or when called by (1/5) of its members that are financially up to date. The request shall be submitted in writing to the Board and mandatory list the topics to be discussed, and the Board of Directors shall convene the General Meeting within fifteen (15) days after receipt of the request. The invitation of the Board for the members to convene the General Meeting shall contain the time and place of the Meeting as and any repetitive, and the issues to be discussed and communicated to the members in writing by registered letter sent at least ten (10) days for standard and five (5) days for Extraordinary meetings.
3. Decisions shall be valid when at least half of the members of the Board of Directors are present. Where this quorum is not reached, a new meeting of the Board of Directors shall be called no earlier than eight calendar days after the first meeting. The second meeting of the Board of Directors shall be entitled to take valid decisions irrespective of the number of members of the Board of Directors present.
4. The General Assembly provisionally chaired by the Chairman of the Board. First issue of the Assembly is the election of the President and Secretary of the General Assembly. Decisions of the General Assembly are taken by absolute majority (half plus one) of the members present and by secret ballot or by show of hands or by roll call, but never by acclamation. Secret ballots on matters of: a) election of persons on board and the Audit Committee, b) confidence in management, and c) personally so elected by the General Assembly two (2) tellers.
2. During the elections one (1) ballot will be created in which candidates should be listed separately per industry, as indicated according to the provisions and limitations of Article 10 of the Statute (branch of General Sales Agents Passenger Division of General Sales Agents and Cargo industry or ground handling services and airline supervision). Should there be no candidate from Cargo general sales agents industry or from ground handling services and supervision of airlines, then members of the Association belonging to these sectors would vote for candidates from General Sales Agents Passenger division.
3. The election of the auditing committee shall be conducted using evenly designed ballots containing the names of all candidates and listing members and alternate members separately.
4. For the election of Board members and Audit Committee the number of crosses that correspond to each ballot must equal the number of representatives elected per instance.
5. After the voting, the Election Committee shall count the votes and proclaim winners those who received most votes, taking into consideration the limitations of Article 10.1 about the origin of the Board of Directors. In case of a tie between candidates in the same sector a draw is carried out. On voting, counting and proclamation of successful candidates, minutes are recorded and signed by the members of the Election Committee.
2. In case of dissolving, the Association’s assets shall accrue to where the General Assembly decides otherwise to the Greek Tourism Organization (EOT).
2. On 31st December of each year the management balance and the Budget of the next year are drafted by the Governing Council.
The current Statute consisting of 18 articles was approved following a decision of the Extraordinary General Meeting of the Association’s members on 7th May 2007.
Athens, July 24th 2007
|THE PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD||THE GENERAL SECRETARY|
|Α. Stylianopoulos||Μ. Zampeli|